Product Code: PRST1000
Propstrip does the hard work for you
It’s easy to apply and easy to remove following these simple instructions:
- Make sure the area you are working with is totally dry. Propstrip does not like any moisture. Water de-activates the Propstrip completely.
- Ensure any areas that are not being treated are adequately protected from Propstrip.
- Dependent on the remaining wear layer of the silicone topcoat the Propspeed may first need to be abraded with 80 grit sandpaper. This enables the Propstrip to work more effectively by penetrating the silicone faster.
- Apply Propstrip liberally with a brush ensuring there is a thick coating on 100% of the surface being treated allowing for complete saturation of the part.
- In cold conditions, 10-15°C or 50-60°F, it could take up to 3 hours to release the old Propspeed or if colder, it may take longer than 3 hours.
- In hot conditons above 35°C or 95°F it may be necessary to ensure the treated area is in shade to prevent the application from drying out while performing its action. The product works faster in hot conditons, so within 1-3 hours you should begin to visually observe the discoloration of the old Propspeed.
- When the product has started to bubble and change colour, this is a good sign that it is doing its job. Test a small area with a scraper to see if it will freely release from the substrate. Once ready, wash with a hose or a bucket of water and a Scotch-Brite pad.
- Any remaining product is removed using a wet Scotch-Brite pad or wet/dry sandpaper. Look after your environment: we strongly recommend the use of hessian (burlap) or a ground cover to capture the removed product.
How to Apply Propstrip
3 Let it dry
"Here at Murrelle Marine we have been using Propspeed for 15 years and always recommend it to our customers. Year after year we have seen Propspeed applications we completed 12, 18 or even 24 months past and they all still look good."